The Department of Plastic Surgery is a tertiary referral centre for most aspects of plastic surgery in Central Denmark Region. We are a team of 12 plastic surgeons, six doctors as well as specialized nurses, physioterapists and occupational therapists.
The department covers a wide range of congenital and acquired conditions but not subspecialities such as burns, hand surgery and cleft lip and palate.
We offer basic treatments of e.g. skin cancers and melanomas as well as highly specialised reconstructions.
The department works closely together with other departments, particularly within dermatology, breast surgery, head and neck and neurosurgery, gynaecology, oncology and general surgey.We hold multidisciplinary conferences?to ensure patient treatment is fast and at a high international level.
The surgeons at the department perform advanced treatment and surgery within:
- Melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer
- Reconstructive and corrective breast surgery including congenital malformations as well as delayed and immediate breast reconstructions
- Congenital malformations including vascular malformations
- Reconstruction after soft-tissue loss including pressure ulcers and bariatric surgery
- Advanced microsurgical procedures in head and neck and lower extremity traumas
The department is in charge of the pre-graduate teaching of medical students as well as specialist postgraduate training in plastic surgery.
Research at the department is organised within the framework of the Plastic Surgery Research Unit conducting research within different fields of plastic surgery.
The department and the research unit have several international collaborators in Great Britain, Australia, and the United States.