Focus: Develop and qualify assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of patients’/patient function at a high, specialised level.
• test and assess pre-, per- and post-hospital interventions to improve or maintain patients’ functional level
• support transition towards outpatient pathways focusing on assessment of functional ability in short patient pathways
• optimise patients’ functional ability in coherent patient pathways across sectors
• include the patient perspective in research and development of patients’ functional ability.
• publication of 20 articles in peer-reviewed journals during the next five years
• publication of two articles in non peer-reviewed journals during the next five years
• drafting of project descriptions and funding applications for new research and development projects
• participation in making relevant national clinical guidelines
• drafting of project descriptions and clarification of funding .
Focus: Perform economic evaluations alongside clinical research on functional ability interventions
• publication of five articles in peer-reviewed journals during the next five years
• at initiation of research projects decisions are made involving the economic perspective.
Focus: Develop, assess and implement health technology in both in- and out-patient pathways
• develop methods to monitor patients’ exercising in their own home
• apply health technology in both in- and out-patient pathways.
• publication of two articles in peer-reviewed journals during the next five years
• application of health technology in different fields of treatment and rehabilitation.