3000 new patients are referred annually to the out-patient clinic of allergy. The clinic is a part of Allergy Centre West, one of three centres in Denmark (the others are in Odense and Copenhagen) serving as a highly specialized unit for allergy that services 1.9 million citizens.
The departments taking part in the centre are:
- Department of Respiratory Diseases and Allergy
- Department of Occupational Medicine
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Otorhinolaryngology
- Department of Clinical Pharmacology
- Department of Paediatrics
The most common conditions and diseases treated are asthma, airway allergies, rhinitis, conjunctivitits, insect allergy, drug allergy, urticaria and food allergy. The Allergy Centre addresses difficult-to-treat asthma and biological treatment (e.g. anti-IgE).