Research in various aspects of COPD is performed in collaboration with the departments of: psychology, healthcare technology, public health, advance care planning (involving numerous departments), the pharmaceutical industry as well as projects of our own.
Among current studies are:
- A dissertation on the epidemiological and socioeconomic aspects of COPD in Denmark (will finish in 2014).
- Early detection of COPD (abstract at ERS 2014 – one of two articles is in progress).
- COPD and pneumonia (abstract at ERS 2014 – article in progress).
- Mortality and comorbidity of COPD (one of two articles is in progress).
- COPD and depression (one of two articles is in progress).
- COPD and Psychiatric illness (results ready – one of three articles is in progress).
- COPD and sexuality (will start spring 2014).
- COPD and smoking cessation (planned to take place in 2015-2016).
- Optimizing training in COPD (will start spring 2014).
- Performance enhancement in COPD using Nitrate (will finish summer 2014).
- Training the lungs (will start spring 2014).
- The effect of offering free lung function test (PhD to start in 2014).
- Mindfulness as add-on to rehabilitation (PhD. started winter 2014).
- Palliation in COPD and lung fibrosis (PhD x 2, started winter 2014).
- Research in COPD initiated by pharmaceutical companies is also carried out.
Anders Løkke, MD, Consultant, Associate Professor, Specialist in Respiratory Medicine, firstname.lastname@example.org