Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
The Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine at Aarhus University Hospital performs treatment, research and education at international level.
The department covers 18 specialities within paediatrics organised in eight sections:
- Neuropaediatrics, social paediatrics, endocrinology, diabetes, the Child Protect Centre and the Centre for Rare Diseases
- Cystic fibrosis, pulmonology, allergology, asthma and infectious diseases
- Rheumatology, immunology and benign hematology
- Paediatric oncology and hematology
- Neonatal intensive care
- Paediatric cardiology
- Paediatric nephrology, paediatric gastroenterology and urology
The department is internationally renowned for treatment of paediatric incontinence and surgical paediatric urology.
Within research, the department is especially known for research in paediatric incontinence and the special perinatal research unit investigating the impact of environmental factors on the course of pregnancy.
The department has a number of international collaborators including Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children in London and Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.
The Danish foundation Tryg Fonden has a family house in close proximity to the department where children admitted to hospital for a prolonged period of time can stay with their family in a homely atmosphere.