The Department of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy performs examinations, diagnostic procedures, assessments, treatment and rehabilitation within physiotherapy and occupational therapy for all in- and out-patients at Aarhus University Hospital and across all specialities of the hospital. The department contributes to the interdisciplinary rehabilitation efforts for the patients at Aarhus University Hospital.
The department has a strong collaboration with other hospitals and the municipalities in the Central Denmark Region on patient pathways, professional development and research.
The department has a research and development unit conducting research in
- Rehabilitation of the acute and chronic patient
- Rehabilitation in the transision between hospital and municipal health care
- Patient examination and treatment in relation to functional disability
- Patient education
- Physical activity and mobilization
- Exercise and training modalities
- Activities of daily living (ADL)
- Assessment of functional capacity and health related quality of life
- Telemedicine in rehabilitation
- Validation of measurement methods